Friday, 8 July 2011

Margie is Now at Peace

Earlier this week the doctors told us that we needed to make some decisions regarding next steps in her care. She had been on a ventilator for over a week and we needed to decide if we wanted the doctors to add a trach or to review her living will. Her living will stated that no heroic measures and artificial sustainment of life. The doctors were very clear that the ventilator was sustaining her life and she would not be able to live without it.

Tonight we gathered the family to say our last goodbyes after we took away support. We could definitely tell that she was ready to go and she went peacefully and quickly around 7:40.

Arrangements are still being made and updates will be listed here and on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Praying that God will grant your family strength and peace.